I used a pizza dough recipe from BBC Food, which made a gloriously fluffy deep pan base. You can make your own or use a ready-made pizza base.
1 pack tofu (approximately 400g) drained and minced
1/2 cup soya yoghurt
1 tsp garlic granules (or fresh garlic, minced)
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp onion flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more to taste, alternatively use chopped fresh chillies)
2 tsp smoked paprika (either sweet or hot - to taste)
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Mixed choppped veg for pizza toppings (white onion, mushrooms, plum tomatoes)
Fresh basil and 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional) to garnish
2 Pizza bases
- Preheat the oven to 220c (or according to your pizza base)
- In a bowl, mix the minced tofu together with all of the spices
Cover and leave to the side
- Spread the passata on the tomato base
- Spread the marinated tofu on top and decorate with your choice of pizza toppings
- Garnish with fresh basil
- Place pizza in the hot oven and cook for 10-12 minutes
- Remove and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce before serving
- The longer you marinade the tofu, the stronger the flavour will be. I left mine for about 30 minutes or so, but ideally you would want to leave it for at least an hour. Or if you're super organised, then marinade it the night before - the flavour would be incredible!
- You can personalise this pizza by adding any other toppings you like. I went for thinly sliced courgettes, mushrooms, white onion and plum tomatoes
- Be sure to spread the marinated tofu as evenly as possible. It will be quite moist but you want to ensure that the pizza base cooks through. The moistness makes for a balanced pizza but you don't want it to be soggy!
- Top with chilli flakes or chopped green chillies for an extra rush of heat
Enjoy! If you have tried this recipe then please feel free to comment below and let me know how it went. If you have any questions then please ask and I'll do my best to answer!
For more recipe's, inspiration and general musings follow me on Instagram @jemplusthree