Kale (can use from frozen, stalks removed
Sugar, to taste
Salt, to taste
1tbsp Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Place the kale in a roasting tin, and add the oil and seasoning
- Mix to coat evenly
- Place in the centre of the oven, for 10-15 minutes, mixing and checking at regular intervals to ensure that the kale crisps up evenly and does not burn
- Serve as an accompaniment or as a starter dish
- You can use fresh or frozen kale for this dish; just be sure to remove the stalks
- I had a couple of cabbage leaves which I also threw in - they did not crisp up in the oven, but still tasted good!
- I had regular granulated white sugar to hand, but soft brown sugar would work well for this dish
- I have not added any measurements, as the amount of seasoning really depends on how much kale you are using. So just work to taste!
Enjoy! If you have tried this recipe then please feel free to comment below and let me know how it went. If you have any questions then please ask and I'll do my best to answer!
For more recipe's, inspiration and general musings follow me on Instagram @jemplusthree